Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grief

So many people are afraid of the word grief. There are so many different reactions that go along with it. It has taken me 10 years, a bunch of shitty therapists and one incredible therapist that I owe a lot to. And I am not afraid to admit it. Yes, the past 10 years of my life have been a struggle. I have no idea where I would be if it weren't for my great family, my awesome friends and the one therapist who knows me pretty damn well.  In our society, it seems that people look down on others if they are diagnosed with depression or anxiety like I have been. But you know what? I don't care anymore! This is shaping me to be the person I want to become. And I am proud of that!! Yeah, it has taken me a while but I am slowly becoming that person that I loved way back in the day before that fateful day in October 2000 when things started to get shitty! I don't know if this sounds weird but I am excited to share this. This is something that I was once so ashamed of, but now, I embrace it!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! Love you too! July is coming up fast.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a crappy day that October! You are a brave, amazing person. I am proud to call you family and a friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you rock my world:) You have got it going on. You are independent, hilarious, thoughtful, beautiful, and wonderfully successful in this place we call life. It is funny, because everyone thinks success means a good job, money, blah blah blah, etc. The obstacles you have overcome, the incredibly sad moments in life, and the person you have become is by far more successful than what is portrayed in this world. I may not know you that well, but I am an observant person who keeps an open mind. I look up to you and appreciate you so very much:) And you are livin it up!

    ReplyDelete